Saturday, February 04, 2006

Crazy Week



So the big game is only 1 day away.....thank goodness I don't have to go to work on Sunday! Super Bowl XL is great, but working downtown this past week has been nutty. As I looked out the window of my classroom, I saw the grand face of Ford Field, and all the big white tents set up next to it for partying, then a huge line of camera crews and satelites from local and cable stations. When I left to drive home there has been a dead-stop line of traffic coming into the city. There are limos everywhere: hummer ones, regular ones, escalade ones, and I think I even saw a Cadillac limo. Scattered on every corner are police cars. EVERYWHERE! The good thing is, they're not looking for speeders this week! Because so many streets downtown are blocked off, many of my students didn't make it to school yesterday, so Friday was a breeze! I will have to take pictures on Monday as I roll into the city...who knows what that's going to look like. Could be pretty scary!

On another note, Kenny just recently received some pretty prestigous awards at the Michigan State Auctioneers Association Convention in Mt. Pleasant. Check out his website to see all the details along with some pictures. www.AEauctions.com Way to go honey!

No comments: