Thursday, May 31, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
8 Random Things You Don't Know About Me
1. I LOVE honey mustard and A1 steaksauce on many things OTHER THAN what you are supposed to use them for (and I hate ketchup)
2. Black wrought iron furniture (some) is a must in my house (Kenny is coping)
3. My cell phone is pink....yes, I'm one of those
4. I drive a teeny car with EXCELLENT gas mileage
5. When I come home from work, as long as I am not going anywhere else, I immediatly put on the comfy, stretchy, old PJ-ish like pants....talk about a slice of heaven!
6. I used to have DDDs
7. There are baskets everywhere in my house....I think it's becoming an obsession!
8. I love (and still play!!!) softball
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Now I feel better having vented to the internet.
Three positive things I will focus on today........
1. My new camera is scheduled to be on my doorstep when I get home.
2. It's going to be sunny and beautiful ALL DAY!
3. I have a softball game today. Yay!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
After work on Friday we (my co-pilot, best friend, and co-worker) went down town because the weather was BEAUTIFUL! I can't even describe the mood I was in. Since February, life has been so fast paced and I feel as if I've been on overdrive. It was so nice to just relax and have fun outside, and it made it even better to have N's camera with us!!!
Here we are on our way to the river....
Friday the Tigers played, so of course I was planted in front of the TV for 3 hours watching them win! My mom came and stayed the weekend....our first overnight guest. Saturday we went shopping and then came home and started working outside, trying to get a jump start on the landscaping project we've created for ourselves when we bought this house. There are a BUNCH of bushes in the front of the house that I hate, and so they have to go. Now. So Kenny, my mom, and a neighbor helped us pull the first of 4 bushes out, using a chain and his truck ater trimming all the branches and digging some of the roots out. Check out the process:
And the results on the yard....
Kenny promsied me that it wouldn't kill the grass. Funny how when I mowed the lawn this morning that there was a nice strip of dead grass. Oh well, it was fun watching! And the best part is, we have 3 more bushes to go!
Good news.....my new camera will be here on Tuesday. I can't wait. Then I can stop begging Kenny & my mom for use of their cameras. My new one is the exact model of the one that was lost, so there won't be any I-have-to-figure-this-out time with it....just let me get my mitts on it!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
- "Can I go to the bathroom?" (they just went)
- "Can I get a drink?" (they have a water bottle in front of them)
- "Can I call home?" (your parents will hate me)
- "Can I earn my recess back?"
- "Can I eat lunch with you?" (teacher needs a BREAK)
- "Is it time to go home?"
- "Can I come home with you?"
- "Can I get a bandaid?" (when the cut is microscopic , no blood, and they don't need it)
- "Can I write on the board?" (they make a huge mess with the chalk and leave the caps off my dry erase markers.....expensive much?)
- "Can you call my parents?" (again, they will hate me)
- "Can I eat candy for lunch?" (you'd think they would get this after a while, but no)
- "Can we skip language arts today?"
- "Can I play instead of silent read when I'm done with my journal?"
I'm not heartless at all. I just say "no" a lot. My students deemed me the queen of "NO." I'm proud of that title. I'm not a mean teacher, I just have limits. And rules. And a breaking point.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Monday, May 14, 2007
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007