Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sleep or Work??

Have you ever felt like you had so much work to do that you couldn't go to sleep? Have you ever felt like the days aren't long enough to work AND sleep? Have you ever felt like you should be doing your work but you can't because your eyes are swimming because you have been looking at the computer screen too long and you need a break but can't take one? Okay, well, this is the spot that I am in right now. I shouldn't be updating this blog, I shouldn't be listening to the Academy Awards on TV....the TV shouldn't even be on! I should be TRYING to complete more of the longest assignment of my life. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I created this blog with its title So Much To Do..... because I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO!

When I was in college for my bachelors degree, I didn't have a full time job. I had a part time job, time for my hobbies (too much time for them because I worked at a craft store), and LOTS of time for hangin' with friends. My point here is that school wasn't such a burden. There were times when I felt like I had a lot of work to do, but nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compares to the amount of work I have to do now for this masters degree. After working with 21 little runny-nosed, loving babies every day (which I love doing!), I want to come home and relax, not force myself to be focused on MY schoolwork. I know, I know, I chose to be a teacher, and I chose to go back to school for this masters degree, and I have no one here to blame but myself for my busyness. I also know that everyone is busy. But I love what I do, and this masters degree helps me do my job even better.

I guess all my babbling boils down to one question:

What is more important? Getting a decent amount of sleep or getting my work done?

I think the red words in this post give me my answer. Darn it.

No comments: