Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Memories


I have tons of fun Easter memories....the most vivid are the ones where Mark and I found our colored Easter eggs where the "Easter Bunny" hid them in the woods behind our house. It was always chilly in the morning, but Mark and I bundled up and walked with Dad out to the woods to find the eggs. Mom got to sleep in! Dad always seemed to know where the last few eggs were when Mark and I were sure we had them all. Hmmm, I wonder why:) And then there was the Easter when I was obsessed with New Kids on the Block, (aka NKOTB) and the Easter bunny knew just what NKOTB T-shirt I wanted in my Easter basket. I believe that T-shirt still exists in my mom's blanket chest. Once we went to Minnesota to my Aunt Charlotte's house for Easter and the night before, my cousins and I were getting ready to go to bed and my Dad told us to look out the window. We did, and we saw the real Easter bunny! A more recent memory was about 6 years ago when Dad and I left the Osborn Easter festivities early so he could drive me back to K-zoo to the dorms. Once there, we spent about 2 hours in a stuffy dorm room disassembling a loft that Amanda and I bought to use the next year. Dad is such a trooper! Anyway, there are many more stories I could tell, but I won't bore you. This year, Kenny and I are going to church and then spending the day with his brother. I hope you make special spring memories with your family. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey-
I love the blog! I didn't know you had one, so I've been scrolling down and catching up on your life. I'm glad you had a fun Easter, and I love the stories from your classroom. I'll send you some stories from LBJ Middle school!

Lindsey said...

I can't wait to hear your stories Anna!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey,

I've had fun reading your blog this week. Your memories of hunting Easter eggs in the woods are also my best Easter memories. On one of those Easter mornings, we walked through a patch of fog in the low ground, when the sun was still low, before we walked up into the woods. It was magical.

Dad