Friday, June 02, 2006

Called out by kids....

Now that my students can tell time, they are realizing that their teacher (me) is ALWAYS late. For everything. During community time today, one of my girls passed me a note. Keep in mind that my students are 7 & 8 years old, and they are NOT allowed to pass notes let alone bring a pad of paper to community time, and wait a minute....should 7 year olds know how to pass notes yet? Anyway, she hands me this note and I look at her like “what are you doing passing your second grade teacher a note?” She smiles and whispers that I NEED to read the note. I look at it and it says,

“Ms. O, it’s 1:25. Look at the clock. Remember we were supposed to have our ice cream party at 1:15? You’re late.”

I never should have taught them how to tell time. Now my secret is out of the bag. I AM ALWAYS LATE! Late to lunch, late to recess, late to specials, late getting the kids ready to go home....LATE LATE LATE! Next year, I think I’ll just skip the unit on telling time.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

That is just tooooo funny. I know how you feel, because that is exactly what Hannah would say. Shes been learning time at her school and now when I try to put her to bed a few minutes early....SHE KNOWS IT...Damn school :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»