Monday, August 21, 2006

The Dropsies

This is what I have been dealing with the last few days....

The Dropsies....
It started yesterday. I spilled coffee on my nice, clean, white shirt about 15 minutes after I put it on. And as I ran back inside, swearing every step of the way, I find another clean white shirt to put on, and within an hour I spilled coffee AGAIN. You think I would learn.

We were riding our bikes yesterday and as I pedaled under a tree, a bird shit on me. No joke. At least it was on my hand, NOT on my coffee stained shirt. I gave up on putting a clean shirt on 'cause I knew something else would happen. Now you know if I had put on a clean shirt for the third time that day, the bird shit would have been on the shirt, just because it was clean. I know a bird pooping on me isn't necessarily considered dropping/spilling, but this just adds to the events.

Today, I spilled Dr. Pepper on the couch, and it soaked in. Ooooppps. As I was talking on my cell phone, I was doing the dishes too and was holding the phone between my ear and my shoulder, and I dropped in on the ceramic tiled floor. HARD. And the worst of all of my droppinesses (is that even a word?) was about 15 minutes ago, I opened the fridge, and the butter fell out and splattered (and I mean SPLATTERED) EVERYWHERE! That was the last straw. I'm just not allowed to touch anything else today. My luck is ruined for a while. I'm usually clumsy, but not like this! I am officially done with anything today. I should just stay inside, away from birds and phones and anything liquid.

*****************************************
Just to make myself feel better, I need to catch up on my August Blogging Challenge. I've been neglecting it again. I am very happy and grateful to have one more week of wonderful summer vacation before returning to another hectic school year. Even if I drop things.

4 comments:

Brandi1977 said...

UGH good lord that was one hell of a day!

Tan said...

I was recently shit on by a bird while sitting under a tree at Disney. I walked around with bird crap on my shirt all day. Life stinks sometimes, doesn't it?

Enjoy your last week of vacation!

Tasha said...

AWwwww you poor thing. Go grab a drink and hide!

Lindsay said...

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO
I have had those days too!
PLEASE LORD DO NOT LET THE DROPSIES GET ME WHEN I AM HOLDING TRAVIS!
I spill EVERY drink I have.. I mena every single one.. and do NOT give me a pitcher to pour out of because I will spill taht too!
but my worst is the Pace Picante sauce out of the BIG container.... every time... Gavin laughs at me before I even unscrew the lid... then he will take it from me and pour it for me... like I am a 5 yr old AHHHH