Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You Won't Believe What I Did

I'm still here. Just tired. Yesterday I worked in my classroom and sat through the usual boring meetings at our back-to-school week. And today I was working in my classroom from 715am to 115pm......I took exactly one break to get a diet coke from the pop machine and visit Niki in her classroom. That's it! Then it was more meetings and such. I tell ya, just two days of going through my teaching stuff, organizing, labeling, filing, THROWING THINGS OUT (my favorite thing to do), stapling, taping, searching, talking, yawning, and constantly moving around, and I am whooped! Last night I was so tired, I came home and decided to sit down and finish up a book that we are required to read for work. I had about 100 pages to go, and about two hours before I knew I would fall asleep. So I took my book to the patio and put my feet up in a chair, it was very comfy and cool outside, PERFECT reading weather. Then I realized that my feet were tired and sore (I wore flipflops for about 5 days in a row, some while working, NOT a smart thing to do). Then the best idea I've ever had dawned on me.....



Notice the whirlpool foot spa happening under my feet, the cord running in through the slider, and my reading material, and the crazy setup, but it was awesome! It was my own personal spa in my backyard. What a great idea! My feet felt SO good this morning. It was worth it. I will be doing that again.

The rest of this week will be crazy. Two more days of work without kiddos, then Friday I will working with Kenny all day. This weekend it might be the lake or just staying home, we'll decide when we get there. The weather here is starting to get a little cooler, especially in the mornings, and it is turning into my favorite time of year...FALL! Knowing typical Michigan weather, it will get hot again, but fall is on its way when it starts to get that cool in thr morning! There is evidence of leaves on the ground too.
Lindsay over at Splat Designs is having a contest...click on the link to see the details!


DesignsBySplatContest

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a brilliant idea!! I may need to steal it...

Lindsay said...

Oh girl that looks wonderful... feet in the tub and a book!

Thanks for the ad!
love you

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Genius...if only I had one of those things.

Lori said...

You are genious!

Laski said...

Is it bad to say that I miss those days.

I mean, I'm busy, but it a totally different way.

I miss being so close to office supplies :)

And putting up boards, getting desks situated, stacking my bookshelves.

Even that musty classroom smell . . .

So, what book did you have to read???

LOOOOVE the foot bath idea. Excellent!!!!

Tasha said...

Thats awesome!

Anonymous said...

I love your spa! One word comes to mind: HEAVEN!!