Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!

Oh I'm still here, just buried in totes and boxes....we're not moving, just finishing the basement. One. Month. Before. Christmas. O. M. G. I hate clutter, and as is just so happens, I married the MOST unorganized, clutter loving-stuff loving (and he fully admits it) man in the world. And we have a SMALL house. Less than 1500 sq feet for me, him, and HIS STUFF. When the basement project is finished (it begins Tuesday), half of our basement will be drywalled and carpeted, painted, and furnished as his office (it will be huge) and on one end a TV area, but not a family room, it will be more like his little space away from work, away from the first floor, and more importantly, away from me. And I mean that in the sweetest sense. Everyone knows a small house means you are constantly on top of each other, and having him work in this tiny computer room upstairs IS NOT WORKING. The room is always messy, I can't stand getting on the computer when the room is messy. I know it's probably OCD, but I can't help it. So all of this stress that I'm feeling from having boxes and totes EVERYWHERE and completely packed on one side of the basement leaving me only a small trail to the washer/dryer area is for a very good cause. Kenny needs a huge room to be a man in. To work in. To hide in. To be sloppy and messy and I don't have to see it!!!! Yay!!! I told him yesterday I wouldn't clean it unless he asked me to. He was thrilled AND SO WAS I. I just have to keep reminding myself the the next month will be complete chaos is this house, with extra messes and dirt and all that junk that goes with remodeling. There is light at the end of the tunnel. He is going to LOVE his new work space and so am I:)

Happy Thanksgiving a few days late. I worked with hubs most of the 4 day weekend so there was no vacation for me, but I'm actually happy to be going back to a normal routine tomorrow.

So if my posts are infrequent, it's probably because our computer room is occupied by too much clutter and I can't stand looking at it. Tomorrow is December 1st. Holy cow!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Oh, I would LOVE to have a basement to throw all Kevin's stuff in and say "be messsy in the basement" and neat upstairs! ha!
good luck! It will be worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

Man space! You and Kenny are on the right track to a long and healthy marriage. Man space is good! (Oh, and I was just getting ready to email you and ask where you were hiding!)