Friday, February 06, 2009

Fridays are the best

It's Friday and I've never been so happy to sink into the couch and sleep. I have Grey's Anatomy all fired up on the DVR and the remote is inches from my hand. Do you really think I'll make it past the first 3 minutes? It's unlikely, but we'll see. I know it will still be there in the morning! It's been a crazy week around here. Kenny is still priming the new room in the basement as I type, and I can hear the roller on the wall right this very minute. He wants the carpet laid this week which means he has to get his butt in gear and get the blue paint (yes, I said blue!!!) on the walls ASAP. Then carpet. Then MOVE IN which I cannot wait to happen, because it means I'm several steps closer to getting my house back in working order. There is stuff everywhere, has been since December, and I think I've hit my quota this year of stuff taking over the house, at least until the baby (and all HIS stuff) arrive! That's the kind of "stuff" that I look forward to! Tomorrow entails a clean out (or shall I say relocate?) of the stuff in the guest room as we're having a guest this next week. It will quite possibly take me all day in there. But it needs to be done, because eventually that will be the baby's room, and the sooner I can get in there, the better. Kenny originally asked me to HELP him clean out the room because it's all HIS CRAP in there, paperwork, inventory, and just his STUFF that he cannot live without considering he's a packrat. I can't work WITH Kenny when clean-outs are done. He's too ADD for me and I have a system and he's just all over the place. But the man is smart, I'll give him that, because he KNOWS I can't help him with a project like that, I'll just end up either taking over or we'll argue about him not getting rid of anything. So I will just take over the clean-out before it begins, and I think he knows that, which is why he's a smart dog....he won't have to clean AT ALL!! But seriously, if it's to be done right, I'm the woman for the job...send him in there and it will end up looking like our garage...no thanks! The joys of cohabitating with a pack-rat! I'm just happy it's the weekend! Woo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend, even if it does involve cleaning! Ugh.

Lori said...

Hope you had a great weekend! I wish I lived closer b/c I love a good organizing project!!!
Can't wait to see what you do with the baby's room!!