Monday, June 29, 2009

Kenny's Birthday

Dear Kenny,

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet, cute, adorably (sp?), attentive and very hyper husband. I love you beyond the limit, even (and especially) when you are absolutely crazy. I'm so sorry that we spent 3 hours in the doctor's office today, on your birthday, and then were sent to the hospital for unnecessary testing only to find out that the baby is completely fine, just 5 days overdue. I know you were holding out for our son to be born today, on your birthday, because it would mean that the waiting was over, but alas, he has your dramatic streak, and has decided to stay put until the last possible moment, 42 weeks gestation, which is NEXT Monday (and we are scheduled to be induced Monday evening). I know you are hoping for Tuesday (7-7-09) because that is the dog's birthday, and you will only have to remember one date for the both of them. I know you loved your presents and your chocolatey chocolate cake, and you especially loved the fact that we were together all day driving around just being us. You are my rock, especially lately when I fall apart every day because I'm so swollen and uncomfortable. You have been wonderful to both me and the baby for the last 41 weeks, and I know it's only going to get more exciting. Thank you for coming into my life, brightening it even when I didn't know it could get better, asking me to marry you and making me appreciate life with you every single day. I love you. Happy Birthday.

Love,
Lindsey

4 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Kenny!
Sweet letter Linds...hope that boy appears for you SOON!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy birthday, Kenny! I sure hope you don't have to wait for Monday.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet letter! You guys are just perfect together, you know that? Happy Birthday Kenny!

Tasha said...

Awww, no baby on the birthday....