Tuesday, August 04, 2009


We finally made it to 8am. As is, having a bottle at 11am, 1am, 4am, 6am, and then not again until 8am. And there was sleep in between 6 and 8am, on BOTH our parts (me and Carson). I have been struggling with the lack of sleep (duh, baby=no sleep), however, what was driving me nuts the most was that this little dude likes his bottle at 6am, and then he's up for the day. Me? I'm on summer vacation/maternity leave here! I want to NOT start my day that early because that's the time I leave for work 10 months of the year. I realize the baby doesn't care, but I'm new to this mommy world and I'm still believing that I can train him for those extra couple of hours...is that true experienced mommies? Anyway, we finally got to 8am. Don't let me fool you, I'm still pooped and groggy, but the accomplishment of getting to that 8am hour is overwhelming! Like I crossed the finish line and won a medal. Will it last? Who knows. But it feels good this morning! I actually did something once we got up that I fantasized about doing before Carson was born. I made his bottle, made my coffee, and took the dog and we all went outside and sat on the patio to enjoy the morning. It's going to be humid today, I can already tell, but right now our backyard is shady, cool and there are plenty of pretty flowers to look at. I have wanted to do this every morning since he was born (except on the rainy days) and just didn't have the energy or didn't have coffee (that's another story). And today, we did it! And it's so enjoyable! Carson is in his bouncy seat on the patio, I'm sitting at the table blogging and drinking coffee (he already had his bottle!!) and the dog is happily chewing on my watering can. Things are good!

I thought I would address the bottle feeding thing, Lori asked me about it through email and I wanted to write about it anyway. We are exclusively bottle feeding because I didn't produce much breast milk. About 10 years ago I had a breast reduction due to back problems and I knew that it would be challenging at best to breast feed. While I was pregnant I leaked a little, so there was hope, but when I had Carson I pumped and pumped in the hospital and got a teeny tiny drop or two of colostrum (sp?) and then when I got home I pumped several times a day and MAYBE produced 1/8 of an ounce ina day. That, to me, was no where near enough milk to spend that much time pumping. So we continued on with formula and that's my bottle story. I really gave breast feeding a try, but I have known for a while that I probably wouldn't produce the milk, so it wasn't devastating, I just accepted it and he is doing fine on formula!

Here's a picture of the roses Kenny suprised me with on Sunday. They really are the most beautiful red roses I've ever seen. They are different, a deeper red and velvety, unlike any red roses I've ever seen before. The picture doesn't capture the beauty, but it just makes my heart sing when Kenny does cute stuff like this. He is such a good husband!


Lori said...

He is such a good husband...except when he posts as you on facebook! LOL!

Tasha said...

What a picture perfect morning!