Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday is not a day of rest

Before I talk about my day, jump on over to Lori's blog and send her hugs and prayers for her fur baby....her dog is sick and elderly, and she's facing a tough choice and can use all the prayers she can get!!

Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, right? Not so much around here. Kenny planned on working all day (yes, even in this blessed heat & humidity) and I was going to go through paperwork looking for a trailer title that Kenny misplaced OVER A YEAR AGO so we can sell it and get a new one, that was my motivation for finding it! Anyhoo, I ended up going over to one of my bestie's places to see her new house, and ended up taking a carload of stuff to her new home. All of a sudden it was 7pm! Ah! Time flies! Carson was a dream baby all day long as usual, and cooperated through the packing and visiting!

Tomorrow is the start of professional development at my school, this year there is THREE WEEKS OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Why, you ask? I'm still wondering, I'm so irritated that it's three weeks long, as is all my coworkers. Anyway, I'm not going back to work until September 28th because I just had Carson, so on one hand I'm excited that I still have 6 weeks at home with my baby. On the other hand, beginning a school year and not being there leads to issues....I'm not even sure how many issues, but they will be there. I am going in for a few days next week for some new training so I won't be completely in the dark when I go back. It feels so strange knowing that for teachers, school starts tomorrow, and I won't be there. This is my 8th year of teaching, and I'm so programmed to that lifestyle....it just feels crazy. I am blessed and thankful for my job, and I LOVE teaching, however sometimes I wish I could stay home with my little man. I'm sure I'll be a mess when I have to go back in 6 weeks. Don't even want to think about that yet!

I've babbled on long enough tonight! Off to bed, temporarily....still getting up every 3 hours to feed the kid! I have to admit though, I love that time with him when the house is quiet and I hear Kenny and the dog softly snoring. There's something very sweet and rewarding about that. I'm sure I won't be so fond of it when I go back to work, but right now, any time spending holding my cute little chipmunk is awesome!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for the prayers! Love ya!
Had to smile at you looking for a title that Kenny misplaced. Oh, how many times do I hunt for things for Kevin? Twice just TODAY! :-)