Monday, September 21, 2009

11 Weeks

We've been busy. I have probably said it before, but I think I have tendencies to be more busy when I'm not going to work every day versus when I am working. And speaking of work, I go back in a week. Not happy about it. Not sleeping over it. Just not taking it well in general, and that's all I say about it.

Carson is 11 weeks old today! Happy 11 weeks baby! What a joy these 11 weeks have been. Crazy to think how something so little brings so much happiness to your life. Not that we had a shortage before he was born, but he just makes everything that much sweeter.
I spent about 8 hours away from Carson on Saturday working with Kenny and that was the longest I've been away from him. It was hard to concentrate at times, and the 50 minute drive how was excruciating. Then I scooped him from my mom's arms and just loved on him. Working is going to suck:(

Kenny has been super busy with work lately, which is good because it will be an awesome winter because of it! Can you believe I started Christmas shopping? Nutty, eh? I guess it's not so crazy, it's almost October. Kenny and I said we wouldn't buy Carson toys for birthdays and Christmas because we're sure people will be buying those items all the time for him. So far, that's worked. I've bought tons of books, but no toys. Until last week. I was grocery shopping at wallyworld and just happened to "accidentally" stumble upon the Christmas toyland they have going there already. Ooops. I bought some bath toys and a leapfrog brand toy that teaches letter sounds. It's not "really" a toy because there's learning involved. Would you expect less than that from a teacher? Heh. I'll get him books too. And yes, I know he won't know what Christmas is and that he wouldn't even be able to open presents (probably, not really sure though!) so it's a waste, but these are things I would buy for him anyway, I'll just wrap them up and put them under the tree. I'm sure all you moms out there did the same thing on your baby's first Christmas!
Our dog has taken to the baby so well! She loves him, looks for him in the house, and then usually snipes a lick on his face before I can intercept her tongue. That's the only thing that I don't like about her with the baby, the licking! Ew! But guess if Carson doesn't cry, it's okay. I usually take a baby wipe to his face when the dog licks her, but in all honesty, those germs are just going to be there, so oh well. The dog is permanent fixture in this family! She's our "first" baby! I feel like I haven't given her enough attention on the blog lately, so here's some cute pics of her on the boat a couple weekends ago, with her favorite uncle, Al.

I'm off to pick up some things for my grandma, take a walk with the neighbor and our babies in strollers, and then tonight a family dinner to see my cousin who is here visiting. Fun! Have a great week! Here are a few more boat pics.....

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Awwww, B is such a cutie and a great big sister. Ben is into open mouth kisses, so just imagine those type of kisses with a dog, EWWWW gross huh!

Carson is as sweet as ever...Good luck going back to work, I know it will be hard, but at least he will be taken good care of!

Lori said...

Sorry you have to go back to work. It's gonna be tough at first I bet. Maybe Kenny will get so busy you don't have to go back one day??? :-)
Thanks for the Bidder pics - I am now a lab fan! ha! (but boxers are better!! LOL!)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Aww...already? I can't believe it.

The first day/week is hard. But, it does get easier. And, you will appreciate the time with him even more!