Monday, February 06, 2006

Innocent, well, sort of


One of the little people I work with today amazed me yet again. As we were talking and working one-on-one, she says to me, "I know why they (referring to the "people" who create question and answer worksheets) ask these silly questions after every story. They want to see if you're paying attention." Right on Little One! It's the moments like this when I just smile and feel happy to be doing what I'm doing. I could write about a hundred different things that the little ones have said in the last few years. "When I'm in high school, will you still be alive?" seems to stick with me, as well as "Did you take a bath this week?" Those are some extreme examples, but I'll keep throwing them out there as they come to mind. These innocent questions keep me laughing at work, which is sometimes they only way to make it through!

No comments: