Sunday, March 26, 2006

Where is the end of late fees???

It seems as if everywhere I go I have acquired late fees. While Kenny was in Indiana I thought it would be a great time to catch up on some movie watching, the chic flick kind. I go to Blockbuster....we owe $15 there. Ugh. Instead of paying it, (since it's probably not my fault anyway...yeah right!) I go across the street to Family Video. We owe $25 there! It looks like I'm not gettin out of this one. I decided to wait until Kenny came home to deal! For those prices, I might as well go to the bargain bin at Target and pick out a couple of $5 movies to BUY! Which is exactly what I did. Then a few days later I go to the library to pick out some books for my classroom. I have about 20 books all ready to check out, and BAM! Late fees again! At the library I owe $25 for 2 books lost! Ugh! So I hand them my credit card to pay the fees since I NEVER carry cash and the lady politely tells me that they only accept cash or checks. I don't have my check book with me, and my ATM card broke a few days prior and I won't get my new one for 7 to 10 business days! WHAH! So, brokenheartedly, I leave the books on the counter and pout all the way to the car. I returned to the library with Kenny's library card yesterday because he doesn't have any late fees. I pick out even more books this time, plus 3 videos to go along with the unit in science that I'm teaching, and when I get to the counter, I hold my breath just waiting for the same lady to tell me Kenny has late fees......and he does!! He owes $5 (which were my books anyway)!!! UGH! I write a check for the $5 (I brought the checkbook just in case since I still don't have a working ATM card yet) and take my books and videos before the lady changes her mind about me using Kenny's card. Will I ever learn??

No comments: