Tuesday, July 11, 2006

100 Things

1. I love to drink coffee on my drive to work.
2. I loved high school.
3. I liked college.
4. I miss playing high school softball.
5. Kenny is the love of my life and my “bestest” friend.
6. He puts up with all my shit (and I, his).
7. I (secretly) enjoy seeing remnants (small messes and piles) of Kenny anywhere around our place, especially when he’s out working. But then I get mad that I have to clean it up.
8. Missy was my favorite cat in the WHOLE world! (she died this year.....18 years OLD)
9. I love to ride my brother’s 4-wheeler in my mom’s backyard...wheeee!!
10. Can’t wait to have kids!
11. My favorite profession is just what I’m doing....how many people can actually say that?
12. I take everything to heart, even when I shouldn’t, and I know it.
13. I cry A LOT.
14. My girlfriends are the best money could buy:)
15. I love the NBA.
16. I met
Bo Shembeckler last fall and got his autograph. Nice guy!
17. Sometimes, I’m not a perfect teacher to my students and I let them watch a movie.
18. My birthday (Dec. 10th) is my Uncle Joel’s half birthday, and vice versa.
19. My Aunt Nano is missed by her oldest niece!
20. When I drive home from work there is NO NOISE, and
...I wait at least 15 minutes to turn my phone on.
21. I only have 3 boxes of stuff left in my mom’s basement! WooHoo!!
22. I don’t call my parents nearly as often as I should:(
23. My brother is co-owner of an old hotel in Toledo.
24. My favorite American Idol 2006 was
Taylor!
25. If I had to compare myself to a
Golden Girl, I’d be a smart Rose.
26. If I had to compare myself to a
Desperate Housewife, I’d be Susan.
27. I love camping.
28. I have a step-brother and 2 step-sisters.
29. My dad’s middle name is Riley, which I have always liked, even before it was popular.
30. My “movie star” name is Sally Morley (take your first pet’s name and the name of the first street you lived on).
31. Humidity is the enemy.
32. I grew up on a farm and loved it!
33. Weekly
massages are always on my calendar.
34. I’m half way done with my masters degree.
35. My neighbors would agree that I am good to them.
36. I have a snake plant that came from my great grandmother.
37. Cat lover through and through.
39. Learning to love dogs too.
40. I’ll admit that I’ve garbage picked a time or two:)
41. I sneak into movies often.
42. Love to read before I fall asleep.
43. I LOVE LOVE LOVE naps in the afternoon.
44. My friend Mary was on
Extreme Makeover.
45. I believe in God.
46. Every night when I’m about half way through saying my prayers, I fall asleep.
47. Favorite Quote: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” - Wayne Gretzky (I acquired this from Kenny)
48. Kenny has finally realized that I have a picture fetish...it’s about time!
49. I’ve learned how to sneak into many things.
50. I’ve only been dumped out of a canoe two times in my life.
51. I am SLOWLY learning to play golf.
52. Not sure how happy I am about the golf thing.
53. I just recently discovered how cool bamboo plants are.
54. I would do ANYTHING for Kenny and my family. ANYTHING.
55. I’m so glad that Bethy finally moved back home.
56. And I’m really happy that she found a great guy here too.
57. In the summer, I have lots of time on my hands and I turn into a cleaning freak.
58. I steam cleaned the carpet today.
59. Cancer has affected many people in my life.
60. I am worried about how it will affect me personally.
61. I get YEARLY mammograms, and I’m only 27.
62. That should tell you how scared I am.
63. I have watched someone die of cancer, and it made me put lots of things into perspective.
64. The main lesson I learned....LIVE FOR TODAY.
65. I have envisioned my life with Kenny since I met him when I was 21.
66. We didn’t start dating for 2 years, but I knew he would be a significant part of my life.
67. I was right!
68. A favorite childhood memory is of my dad doing his leg exercises (for his back) while we watched the Tigers on TV in the summer time.
69. Another favorite memory is when my parents took us to see the hundreds of hot air balloons take off at 6am once every summer.
70. I miss my pony, Sally. She was so stubborn and I loved her.
71. I cut Sally’s tail almost completely off when I was brushing her mane one time. It was all tangled and I thought that was what I was supposed to do. Oops.
72. I was the only girl cousin on either side of my family until I was 10.
73. Oranges are my favorite fruit.
74. Bethy, Niki, Danielle and I have been friends since kindergarten WAY back in 1984 and we are STILL friends.
75. I miss the country life where I grew up.
76. I might be too “suburban-ized” now, but I still miss the country.
77. Eating anything out of the water is off limits for me.
78. I HATE seafood. Ugh.
79. I love houseplants.
80.
Dukes of Hazzard plays daily on the DVD player (old episodes, NOT the movie).
81. I played the trumpet for 8 years.
82. My softball number is 6 for Al Kaline.
83. I almost never make the bed, even though my mother taught me to.
84. When my grandparents came over when I was younger, my grandpa would check to see if my bed was made.
85. I had the same roommate (Amanda) in college for all 5 years, which is rare.
86. Amanda and I grew up together, and everyone told us that being roommates wouldn’t work out. But it did!
87. We are still friends. When you live with someone that long, it’s more like sisters.
88. Amanda still lives in Kalamazoo where we went to
college, and I miss her!
89. After the dorms, we lived in a 4 bedroom apartment for 3 years and in that time had 10 different roommates!
90. When we buy our house, I want to get a cocker spaniel.
91. Kenny wants a black lab.
92. We’ll probably have to compromise and end up with a mutt.
93. I read
The Enquirer EVERY week.
94. And
People Magazine, too.
95. I’ve had the same email address since 1997....that’s almost 10 years!
96. I graduated from high school in 1997....and THAT’S almost 10 years ago. Scary!
97. My favorite color is purple.
98. I do the laundry very late at night.
99. I just discovered the joy of books on CD in the car.
100. I must be the only person left who doesn’t have an IPOD.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I LOVE it. I think I might try this, gove me a couple of days

Tan said...

Nah, I don't have an iPod either. (But I want one! haha)