Saturday, July 29, 2006

Craigslist & Humidity (2 Part Post)

Uh oh. I've discovered something new to do online. Craigslist. I'm sure many people have already heard of it and used it, as it's not brand new. But I've just newly discovered it and already bought something for my classroom. It's super easy to use, even more so than ebay because you don't have to register or have a paypal account or even bid. You just go to craiglist, search in the area you live in, and if you see something you like, email the person. They either email you back or they don't, and if they do, you make arrangements to pick it up. WAY TOO CONVENIENT. My friend Mary has bought about 25 items since I told her about it, 2 weeks ago! A person could their home with everything needed and then some. Kenny thought it was funny that you can take out a personal add on craigslist too. I ignored him:) You can also click on the free link and see what people are GIVING away and also list things that you are looking for, such as boxes for moving. I think the best way to describe it is to say it's a garage sale online. Another way to bargain shop. Love it.


On another note, I HATE HUMIDITY. I am going to complain about the weather right now, so if you don't want to hear it, stop reading. I absolutely cannot stand humidity. It's so hot and humid here in Michigan today that it's hard to breathe. I haven't left home for very long because it's in the mid 90's and about 75% humidity and it makes me feel miserable. Kenny suggested we go putt-putting today. I told him to step outside and then decide if he still wanted to go. He walked outside, and shook his head. No way. It's sunny and pretty, but it's a tease because once you're out there, even if you're standing still, you will be sweating!!! Not to mention frizzy hair and runny makeup and sticky clothes. I could go on and on and on about how much I can't stand muggy weather, but I think I've gotten my point across now. Ugh. Thank goodness for AC on days like this.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Ditto on the heat....blah!

Lisa said...

Love it. We got our new fridge on there. It was still at bestbuy for 1K and we got it on there only 6 months old for 500.00! It was awesome and in perfect shape. I am going to sell some stuff on there too soon!
www.givingmommy.typepad.com