Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dear Zoe

Because I'm on summer vacation these days, I have lots of time to read, one of my favorite things to do. About 5 minutes ago I finished the latest book, Dear Zoe, and it was brilliant! It's similar to The Lovely Bones in the way it's written about a family getting over a child's death. But instead of the lost family member narrating, it's a sibling talking about life after losing her sister, Zoe. It's not too sad, although there are sad parts, but it's what comes from those sad parts that makes it so good. If I could go back to 1997 when I started my bachelors degree, I would probably have gone into child psychology, and this book is EXACTLY why I would have done that. I love seeing the way people react to situations (good & bad) and then analyze what could be a better solution to the problem. I'm always analyzing things, especially in behavior patterns. The ending is especially good, and I won't give it away in case anyone actually reads it, but I've read quite a few books this summer already, and this one is the best so far.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I'm a big reader too, but I'm not one for fiction... I am a total magazine addict and my house is full of history books (yeah, what a geek!). I never realized how many books I had until we packed 'em up and had to move!

Read your post about the Tiger game... we haven't been to a game yet this year. I miss old Tiger Stadium but isn't Comerica Park a great place to watch a game?!!! GO TIGERS!

(When they last won the series (1984) I was a freshman at Michigan State... the campus was ROCKIN'!)