Thursday, July 20, 2006

The process, the product




I am forever catching up on scrapbooking. I started this messy, expensive, addictive craft when I was in college and worked at a craft store. So it wasn't all that expensive with my discount. But as the craft has progressed, so have the prices. But I still do it! And when it's done, I love it, and I love sharing it with people, and of COURSE Kenny loves it too. Mostly because he doesn't have to do it, he just gets to enjoy it, but that's okay, since I'm the one who loves creating. For anyone who does scrapbooking, they know it's a lengthy process of colors, decisions, shapes, scissors, stickers, and the most important part...photographs. Scrapbooking takes a while, and I usually make a mess, and I don't clean it up until I'm all done. What's the point? When I scrapbook, I create all the pages, put them in page protectors, then I make the cover of the album. I have no idea where the idea came from, but after I did it one time, I fell in love with the idea. I won't bore you with the details of how I make the cover, you can just see it in the pictures! Like I said, I love making these scrapbooks because not only do I get the personalized pages, but the album itself is personalized. I let Kenny pick out the fabric this time, and, of course, he choose blue stars! You can see in the pictures the messy process and the cute CUTE product!

No comments: