Sunday, August 06, 2006

Rusty



My little baby hamster (not really a baby) died last night:( Rusty was almost 3 years old, and that's VERY OLD for a hamster, so he had a nice long life. He was sick for the last month, and so I knew it was coming, but I'm still sad:( I know, I know, it's only a hamster, but he's still my baby, and I miss seeing him cruise around his house and on his wheel. I even used to let him run around my desk while I was typing and he'd step on the keyboard and actually type letters.......SO cute. I grew up with lots of big animals like horses and sheep, and I never thought in a million years I would like a small animal. Rusty started out being my classroom pet that I brought home on the weekends, and after the first summer, I just kept him at home cause he was so darn cute! This picture is my favorite one.

5 comments:

Brandi1977 said...

Ohh I am sorry!

Tasha said...

Awwww Lindz I'm so sorry

Tan said...

Oh no, what sad news. I know what it's like to lose a pet you love.
I'm so sorry.

Unknown said...

My condolences. I lost my doggy a few years ago and now we have two guinea pigs. They are very cute and I am sure we will be as sad as you are when the inevitable happens.

Lisa said...

Man, that sucks. I feel your pain. I had lots of hammys in my life and they are great! I am sure he had a wonderful life!!!
givingmommy.typepad.com