Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm still on weekend time

Back to the daily grind....
These weeks are flying by. And the weekends? I blink and they are gone. Kind of like when you drive through a small town.
We finally visited IKEA this weekend. It's not all that great! I mean, it was fun and all, big, lots of choices, lots of different ideas, but really? It's cheap furniture that looks appealing. They do have some higher end stuff, and EVERYTHING looks great, but I guess the quality reflects the prices. You get what you pay for! Don't get me wrong...there's nothing wrong with inexpensive stuff for the house! We bought at little chinese-like lantern as a bed-side lamp and some more lucky bamboo stalks. I put together my first post of lucky bamboo a year ago and since then, I can't get enough! And at $1.99 a stalk, you can't beat it!
In our house we have a plant box in the half-wall of the livingroom/front door area. I knew I wanted bamboo stalks there, I just didn't want to pay $25 for 3 stalks! So at IKEA we stocked up and this is how it turned out:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
What do you think? Give me your honest opinions!!
Can you guess what my mother's day gifts were to my mom and grandmas?? Hint, hint.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Love the idea...If I had that it would probably stay empty..LOL. ummm did you give bamboo as a mothers day gift? Just a hunch!

Lori said...

Neat idea! Love the rocks with it - I have no idea what your Mom's day gifts could have been -ha!