Friday, May 04, 2007

Pictures....

I FINALLY got ahold of Kenny's camera long enough to snap some pictures of our new house. I didn't get everything I wanted photographed yet because it's too dark right now. Kenny doesn't realize I have his camera and when he does, he just might take it away!
Here's our room. It has one red wall, which I absolutely love!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And this is the spare bedroom.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Obviously it has one blue wall. We weren't sure how to decorate a blue room, we just liked the color, so we started putting pictures and "stuff" in the room and it quickly became an ecclectic collection. Have you ever seen how Applebees is decorated? There's lots of sports stuff and historical things covering most of the walls? Well, that's what this room will be like when Kenny is done with it. The bed in here is the coolest feature. It was my parents' when I was a kid and my dad just gave it to us a couple weeks ago. I LOVED it when I was a kid, and I love it even more now that it's mine. I found the quilt that's on it accidentally in my friend's fingerhut magazine. That americana look fits the bed perfectly, and looks neat with the rest of the stuff in the room. This room is a work in progress. I'll keep you updated on the walls and what "stuff" gets put on them. You just never know with Kenny. Here's a close-up of the bed...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I love the design. And I remember running my hands over the railings as a kid...over and over and over.
And these are the valences I made for both of the windows in the room.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Believe it or not, it was difficult to find the right fabric with a blue wall. It had to be something NOT too busy, but with some color.
This room is the office. MY office.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kenny's will be in the basement. We have done almost nothing to this room except hook up the internet. But isn't the orange color awesome?? Again, it's just one wall, but it just adds so much to the room. And you can really see how gorgeous the newly finished floors are. They were pretty before we had them redone, but it's amazing what a little bit of stain and sanding does to a floor. In the whole house, these floors are my pride and joy. I LOVE THEM! The black wrought-iron stand is a family heirloom. My great grandmother worked for a Woodard Furniture factory, so the family got the furniture for next to nothing. It's almost all black wrought-iron. I have inhereted a few pieces, and while many people think it's not-so-pretty, I think it looks awesome, and it makes the best plant stand ever! Plus the design in the iron is cool too. The curtains for this room are coming. You'll love 'em when you see what I'm making.
And here's what the kitchen looks like.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ha. We've painted it, and then that's it. We have to decide what to do with the floor. While I'm sure the 60s was great and all, I don't want to look at the psychedelic floor every day. So it'll be changing VERY soon.
I still have so much more to show you, but it'll have to wait. Maybe I can snag the camera when he's sleeping.....

5 comments:

Tan said...

Your house looks absolutely beautiful. I love the colored walls and the ideas for the spare bedroom. The wood flooring is fabulous...but I hope you still love those floors a year from now; I can't wait to get rid of ours - I hate cleaning them!

Oh, and I swear I'm not lying....we had a floor just like that in the kitchen when I was growing up!! LOL

Tasha said...

Looks awesome. I love the paint jobs you guys did. Well worth the wait..

Unknown said...

I love the bed in the spare bedroom, too.

It all looks great, Linds. Congratulations!

Lori said...

So many favorites! Love the orange and the bed in guest room!! The wood floors ROCK!

Lindsay said...

Girl, you did great!
Congrats!!!
I love the 3 stooges :-)
heeheheheheheeee