Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Day at the Zoo

The zoo rocked! I love that place, and this particular zoo is ALWAYS the cleanest, friendliest, most enjoyable field trip of the year. It was 80 degrees and sunny, perfect zoo weather, and all the kids had a great time too. When you're a teacher, and you go on a field trip, there's usually very little relaxation time or enjoying time because you're constantly worrying about where the kids are, allergies, bandaids, lunches, time....the list goes on. But this trip was soooo different. I think it's mostly because I "retired" from being the person who plans all the field trips. I took this year off because I was the one who primarily had planned them for four years. Way too much. Anyway, I didn't plan a thing, and I got to take my mom who also had a blast. The three kiddos we had with us were fantastic! I couldn't have asked for a better field trip day. Here are a few pictures.....
Obviously we found Nemo....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I don't think this fish was having a good day....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I can't remember what this is but I loved it....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My mom enjoying the carousel....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I can't remember what the issue was that kept them from looking at the camera....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Finally, we got the picture.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can you tell I loved the aquarium the best? Every year we take the kids on this field trip we run out of time for the aquarium, so this year, I insisted we get there. We missed the elephants but Kenny is already planning a trip for us soon:)

4 comments:

Tasha said...

What zoo did you take the kids too? It looks like the Toledo zoo, but I would have thought you would have went to the "other" zoo....hmmmmm, just wondering? Yesterday was gorgeous weather for the zoo. Looks like everyone had fun!!!

Lori said...

Looks awesome! FUN!! I hate being the planner of field trips...it adds too much pressure! And, I'm constantly counting heads anyway! ha!

la bellina mammina said...

What a great outing!!

Kerri said...

That looks like a great day out with the kids!

I’m reaching out to talk to parents about the Maya & Miguel program as part of a marketing project I’m working on with Scholastic. I noticed that you were a teacher and thought you might be interested too. I don’t know if you’re familiar with Maya & Miguel, a show on PBS in the afternoons -- http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel -- that emphasizes cultural diversity and language learning.

I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at Kerri at boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

Kerri Roberts, BoldMouth