Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nice Matters

I got another award!! This one is from Bella, and it's for being "a good blogger friend, and for inspiring good feelings and inspiration." I'm blushing! I'm going to pass it on to: Tasha, Lindsay, Lori, Tee, Steff, MaryKathryn, and Mary (I know you already were awarded this, but I just had to do it again!) I really truly feel that these AMAZING ladies have an impact on my life. They all inspire me to do and think differently and "better." A couple of years ago, if someone had told me that I was going to have a blog and that I was going to meet people through that blog that had an impact on my life, I would have thought they were crazy. Funny how things work. I think about my blogging friends on a daily basis! Love you ladies!!

On a different note, I started putting my classroom back together today. Thursday is my official day back to work in my room, but, as usual, I had to go back a day early. Lori and Steff, you know what I mean! I worked for almost 7 hours and feel so much better now. I will be able to finish it up tomorrow and then Friday I'm going to ORGANIZE my files, which have not been organized for 3 YEARS. Did you read that??? 3 YEARS. That's one hell of a stack (or 2 filing cabinets FILLED) of papers to file. Ugh. What a nightmare. But I'm bound and determined to do it. IT WILL HAPPEN. I just have to keep telling myself that!

On another different note, let's talk about the weather. It sucks. Today it was 90% humidity. Nasty! It rained for 2 days straight, which folks here in Michigan desperatly needed, and then it was 50 degrees out, which I'm not complaining about! And all of a sudden today, BHAM it's so humid that if you are standing still outside, not moving even an inch, you are sweating. Through your clothes! And where I work, there is NO AIR CONDITIONING. Can you say gross??? I hope the humidity dies down soon, cause it's just so unpleasant. I am so looking forward to fall weather. It's cooler, it's beautiful, and it means apple orchards and pumpkins. That's my favorite season!

7 comments:

Tan said...

Ahhhh..you are so sweet. I HEART you too, Lindsey!! If I was there, I swear I would help you with the filing cabinets, I really would!! I think we'd probably do more giggling than filing, heehee

Lindsay @ Splat Designs said...

THANK YOU!!!!!
I love you linzo!

Unknown said...

Thank you Lindsey! That was very sweet of you. I, too, am amazed at the wonderful people I've met through blogging. Who'da thunk it?

Tasha said...

Awwww, thanks for the award. I am going to have to award you right back.

Can you belive this weather? AGH!

Lori said...

Great minds b/c I think we were giving each other this award about the same time!

I hope you get your files done - I had that goal this year but it didn't happen! Oh well...next year! :-)

Steff said...

Thank you! I'm humbled by that. :)

And yes, I do know what you mean. Today was supposed to be a work day but we got sucked into a meeting that lasted three hours. Thankfully, I just have a few touches tomorrow. I'm taking the digital camera tomorrow so look for pictures soon!

Again, thanks friend. That really helped my day today!

marykathryn said...

Hey you, thanks for sending that sweet award my way!! Hope you get eveything done before the big day...Good Luck!!