Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Boys and their toys

With a couple Christmas gift cards, we decided to buy a new grill. Correction, A grill, cause we never had one before now. So a shopping we went, and FINALLY made the purchase at homedepot. And what a grill it is too! Our neighbor is ALWAYS outside using his grill while he works on the yard, I'm not even kidding, every single day. He really truly uses it daily. So we've been smelling his grill now for over a year, and I think that's what really pushed us to finally get one. I have to admit, Kenny wanted it much more than I did, but like our big TV, once it was home, I loved it. Tonight I got to watch Kenny in action on the grill. It was hilarious. He was loving every minute of it, as was I watching him. Then it hit me....he was grilling to get the neighbor to notice. Not to show off to me or to show off in general, but to get the neighbor's attention so he could see that Kenny can "do it too." I just watched him work on the burgers, he was grinning and smiling and chatting with me, and every once in a while he would glance toward the neighbor's direction, checking to see if he was out watching us. It was so cute. Kenny's burgers rocked, he calls them his Texas Burgers. I don't really know what that means exactly, maybe Lindsay can elaborate on that, but anyway, he did a darn good job with them, and I was so proud of my boy with his new toy:)

6 comments:

Steff said...

Boys are so cute with their toys! Happy grillin' y'all! :)

Tasha said...

HA,Kenny cracks me up..I would love to have seen him glancing at the neighbors house.

Anonymous said...

Heehee. I like Kenny's way of thinking. Not only does he need to keep up with the Jones', but he needs to OUT-DO the Jones'! Yeah!! Keep those burgers comin' boy!

Lori said...

LOL! So...did the neighbor ever notice so Kenny could show off his new toy??

Niners said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Steff and I always have interesting stories to share. I hope you will visit more often, and i would like to visit yours if you don't mind.

la bellina mammina said...

Men and their boys! LOL! Though I gotta admit, at my new place with a rooftop terrace, I just bought myself a BBQ grill too - not cheap either. I've already used it last Sunday for our Mother's Day BBQ lunch!