Friday, May 09, 2008

Randomness on Friday

This week has kicked my butt. But (hahaha) there is hope at work. I met some new admins that seem to be wanting to head us in the right direction. I would love to go into detail about it here, but you know how that goes....that's all I'll say but I'm feeling better now about my work.

We had a stump ground and removed in our backyard this week, the tree was cut down years ago before we bought the house, and I never imagined how much DIRT is leftover. It will take me at least a week to get the pile moved. I'm not even kidding, it was HUGE. Like too much work if you ask me, but whatcha gonna do?? I would love to be around tomorrow to work on it, cause I just love doing yard stuff, but I'll be traveling across the state to visit, grandparents & parents for mother's day. My first stop is my grandparents' retirement village, then my grandma's house, then my dad & step-mom's house, and then my mom's house for the rest of the day. I hope to be at her house by 3pm and stay as long as I can. I'm flying solo, hubby will be home working. It's easier that way anyway, because he's so antsy all the time and can't just relax, especially when he doesn't have any of his "toys" to play with. I can't just go visit one set of family, gas prices are TOO HIGH to drive all the way out there and not make the most of the day, ya know?? Gas here is almost $4 a gallon. Talk about sickening to the stomach. Ugh. It will be $5 by the time summer is over. Talk about depressing!!

We have 5 weeks of school left. I can't believe it!! Today I did the craziest thing with my kids. They lost Fun Friday privileges because they wouldn't shut up all morning, so they were reluctantly working through their Fun Friday time with extra thick math assignments (hehehehe) and I stopped them in the middle and said, "Put your pencils down RIGHT NOW, push your chairs in and line up IMMEDIATLY." They didn't know what the heck was going on, so they did just as I asked, and I practically ran down the hallway with them following me, not knowing what was happening, and I ran right through the lobby and out the doors to the playground....they stopped at the door and looked at me with these crazy expressions..."what are we doing?" I told them, "GO PLAY!!!" I have never seen such happy kids. I got 17 hugs and was told over and over how much they love me....that'll only last until the next time I yell at them for talking when I'm talking. But at least they got the play, and my excuse to them was (besides the fast that I needed a break) that their brains will work out the math problems easier with some fresh air, sunshine, and exercise, which is true, but it was just an excuse to go outside. For me:)

Thank goodness it's Friday. I'm pooped!!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

HaaaHaa! I love it! I'm sure they said you were the best teacher ever!!

Be safe traveling tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww...Teacher, you're such a softie!! heehee

Tasha said...

mean-o Mrs LOL.....I always knew you had a soft spot for the sweet kids, HEHE...

So any happy mothers day wishes in the cards for you yet, Hmmmm?