Saturday, November 01, 2008

NaBloPoMo Day 1

Here it is! The first NaBloPoMo post!! Last year I did it and I think I wimped out at the end of the month. This year, however, I'm committed. Which is saying a lot, because lately, I've been a very WEAK blogger. Here's to a new start!

Our Halloween party yesterday was successful. I've never really relied on parental help because 9 times out of 10 (NO offense to parents reading this, I promise) they are late, forget, or back out. I really mean no offense to parents at all, because I know life intervines and sometimes things just can't be helped. On the inside of a classroom, when students are in costumes, candy is present, and the kids are sitting there waiting, it gets very hairy when things don't go as planned. Which is why in the case of classroom parties, I have generally done them myself. This year, however, I had two parents volunteers who DID EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAID THEY WOULD DO. And I love them. So the party was great, yes, the kids were out of there seats and slightly out of control to an outsider, but in reality, they were great. And it even ended well, with only one girl in tears. Usually there are several who break down because they can't take the chaos of large parties like that. It was the best Halloween party at school ever. Thanks to the parents:)

I passed out candy last night (Kenny was here and helped like two times...he was working still!!!) at our house. Towards the end of the night, a kid in a gorilla costume, probably the best one I saw all night, came up and I opened the door with a handful of candy. The gorilla grabbed my hand and was trying to pull me out of the door. It was also growling at me. The dog was going nutty and I was yelling at Kenny to come and see this costume and he wasn't budging from the computer...so I had no choice but to allow myself to be pulled out of the door. There was a family standing at the end of our sidewalk watching this whole thing and laughing, so naturally, I though this was their kid. I asked them how much they had to pay their kid to go through this scary routine at every house and they just laughed. All of a sudden, the kid takes off the gorilla mask and it wasn't a strange kid, it was my mother-in-law!!! She totally fooled me, hook line and sinker!! And the funniest part was the dog knew it was her because when I think about how the dog was acting, she wasn't barking or acting scared, she was trying to jump and lick my MIL's face!! Crazy!! Sadly, I have zero pictures. I know, bad me.

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun Halloween!! We aren't allowed to have Halloween parties at my school. Boo! :-( But, one parent snuck in some treat bags for them! ha!
Good luck blogging everyday!!! I am going to have to see it to believe it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Haha -- and here I thought my MIL was scary!! (Just kidding!!) Sounds like a fun evening.