Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vacation Day Tuesday

I was reading my pregnancy weekly update this morning and this is what it said:
Hi Lindsey,as you progress through your second trimester and your belly grows, you may begin to feel less and less comfortable, more swollen, and out of breath more quickly. Remember to always pay attention to how you feel and slow down or take a break if you need. You've still got a long way to go in your journey towards motherhood - there's no need to push yourself to exhaustion!
I can't believe how accurate it is! I have been uncomfortable for a couple weeks now, and out of breath a little bit too. Whenever people ask me how I'm feeling, I usually answer with "fine, just uncomfortable." That's the best I could come up with....guess I'm right on track!
I love vacation. LOVE IT. I did nothing on Valentine's Day (Woo-Hoo!) and then on Sunday and Monday I worked in the basement putting things away, dusting them off, throwing things out....Today I'm spending the day with my mom for her belated birthday. So it will be nice to leave the house, but I have to admit that I do like being home every day and just working around here. There's so much still to do before June with the basement project and moving things around that I am perfectly content to be here! And Kenny loves it that I'm home too. So does the dog. She's on my heels ALL DAY LONG!
It's amazing the stuff you find in boxes you haven't opened in a couple years....pictures of people from your last life, students I barely remember their names (I've been teaching 7 years now!), pics of Kenny & I when we looked like babies (it seriously wasn't that long ago), family, college days (again, not THAT long ago). And then the STUFF I found. Oh the stuff! Every time I go through it, I throw more and more away, but I can't just get rid of it all at one time. Sentimental reasons keep me from pitching it all.
I'm off for a fun mom-filled day!!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I am glad that you are taking some time for yourself on your mid-winter break! I can't wait to come and see you :) Miss you soooo much!

Lori said...

I completely forgot about this mid-winter break you are on...I am so jealous!! I am in the middle of parent/teacher conferences all week - yuck!

Tasha said...

You better take it easy girl. Or I will be there to make you sit down.
Have a good day

Anonymous said...

Out-with-mom days are every bit as good as stay-at-home days! Hope you enjoyed yourself!