Friday, July 31, 2009

Lovin' Mommahood

I am so lovin' this motherhood gig. Seriously, I can't think of anything other than marrying my hubs and spending my life with him better than being Carson's momma. Tasha once told me while I was prego that the worries you have while carrying the baby in your tummy don't even compare to the worries that you have as soon as the belly becomes a baby. And she is right. There are constant worries, however, I look at his happy chubby cheeks and know that if he's not crying, he must be happy. I must be doing things right so far....we still have a long way to go and lots to learn, but right now, he's happy and we just love him to pieces. What an incredible gift he is! I know any minute he's going to wake up and cry for a bottle, and I will get the pleasure of snuggling with him in the rocking chair that Kenny bought us and feed him, listening to his sweet squeaks and teeny noises while he eats, and then rocking him back to sleep. I look forward to that, even if I'm not done posting on my blog or doing whatever it is that I do when he sleeps. Even if I'm sleeping, I love feeding him and cuddling him and rocking him. I know that he won't be small for long, and I'm taking every opportunity to drink in his newborn babiness because it won't last forever.

Carson went shopping today and out to lunch...a busy day for a 3 1/2 week old baby, but I am a momma on the move! The shopping was just to JoAnn Fabrics to get some fabric for a baby ring sling. My aunt is making us one! I can't wait to use it! I helped Kenny work in his office today and I put Carson in the baby wearing contraption that I bought at Target and he LOVED it. I tried it out when he was a week old but he was still too little, but now it works perfectly! I see why so many mommas love to baby wear!

I promise to come and visit and COMMENT blogs more often, just had to get adjusted to this new lifestyle, but I'm feeling like normal Lindsey again, so I will be dropping by more often!

More new pics to come tomorrow!

TGIF!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Are you taking off the beginning of the school year? That is my worry about possibly having a summer baby...when do you go back to work? Boo-hoo!! I bet you won't want to! :)

Tasha said...

SOunds like you are slipping into your momminess with great ease.

Can I come over yet? Must visit NOW