Sunday, November 29, 2009

Back to Reality

Not that a 4 day vacation is long or anything, but these last 4 days have been non-working bliss. I have been busy busy busy as usual with Kenny and Carson and the dog and family and driving and visiting plus normal things like cleaning, laundry (neverending) and Christmas decorating. But it's been a fairly peaceful 4 days, unlike the next 4. Nothing at work is peaceful. Ever. No moments to compose my thinking or to process anything, no time to "take 5" or even eat lunch without getting up from my desk. That's what I have such a hard time with when I'm at work. I need a break, just 10 minutes here and there, and when I don't get that little mental break, I become system overload, which is how I am living Monday through Fridays now. It's been like this for a while, it's just that this year, it's worse. Amidst all my students who are vibrant and smart, I just need to come up for air sometimes. 4 days off helped me refocus what's important (go to work, earn a paycheck, spend every spare moment making my boys smile) and think about things in better light, however, I would still like a mental break every day. Do you think Santa will bring me that all wrapped up in a nice little package under the tree this year?? I would also be satisfied with a winning lottery ticket.

On to cuter subjects....the baby. Oh yes, I can't write an entire blog post without mentioning him!! He is just the light of our lives. Carson's first Christmas pictures ever:

4 comments:

Tasha said...

OMG its mini Kenny. HEHE the first pic looks just like Kenny. I swear I think Kenny is the ONLY parent this boy has. Sorry LOL I know you are the mommy but this boy is daddy ALL THE WAY!!!

I still love ya though!

Lori said...

You are preaching to the choir...but nobody "gets it" except teachers. I can't even go to the bathroom until 11:50 everyday. LOL!
Love those baby pics!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those pictures are great, but the last one is definitely my favorite.

And, I totally here you on the break thing. There is always something that needs to be done or some one that needs something.

Anonymous said...

He is sooooo stinkin' cute!