Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

Carson's first Thanksgiving was fun. We arrived at my inlaws 20 minutes before eating and I didn't have to bring a thing. Don't think I didn't ask, because I did several times, and I was told to just bring the baby. So we did. Today we are going to my mom's for dinner and then to my dad's to visit. Enough eating already!! Put that food away!!

While we had dinner yesterday Carson hung out in the exersaucer right at the table with us. It was adorable! Kenny and I had a nice relaxing night last night putting up the tree and watching TV and just being us. What a great day. And so MUCH to be thankful for.

I'm listening to the sounds of Kenny faintly snoring, Carson talking and cooing to himself, BabyEinstein on the TV and the dryer. I smell coffee and the dog is sleeping at my feet. Ah to be at home in the mornings. My favorite part of the day!! When I leave for work every morning my heart is heavy and I have to fight the urge to call in sick and stay home with my boys, EVERY SINGLE DAY. I would give anything to be here with them. And then I have to remember that I'm providing my family with things even though I am not home, and I also have to remember to be thankful that I have a job with good health benefits and a retirement plan and Aflac and all that stuff. That's what keeps me from turning around every morning, and believe me, I'm SO thankful for all that. But nothing beats the sounds and smells of my house in the morning. That is heaven!

Oh yeah, and you won't find me anywhere near a shopping plaza today!!!!! NOOOOO WAY!!!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Your comment you left on my blog had me tear up a bit..I am so thankful we found each other and I just realized its been about 4 months since we last talked...OMG withdrawls, LOL!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, that sure does sound like the perfect week/weekend!

Happy late Turkey day.

Anonymous said...

The exersaucer thingamabob is definitely the best baby invention EVER!! I used it when my daughter was small...it was the perfect way to trap her while I brushed her hair(she had lots!)and attached the little pink bows. I miss those days!