Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Short Week:)





Can you tell he's the happiest baby ever?? I just eat those smiles and giggles and laugh attacks up!! He is so precious!!
He WAS 4 months, now it's more like 4 3/4 I think. I'm slacking on this blog, I know it, but I have full intentions of getting back to a more regular posting schedule. And I have SO MUCH blog reading to catch up on too. Over this short vacation I will be doing just that!
The last couple of weeks have been difficult at work. I can't remember if I mentioned it before or not that 15 teachers were let go due to budget problems. It stinks for those teachers and it stinks for the teachers who are left to clean up the mess, as in expand class sizes to large numbers. Not fun. And those poor kids who come to school one day and find out their teacher is gone. It was hard to explain to my new students where their old teachers were and of course there were many tears and I just wanted to join in. All in all it was a crappy time, probably the worst I've even been through in my almost-8 years of teaching. If you are thinking about going into teaching, THINK AGAIN. Not a good time for it. I'll leave it at that!
Kenny has talked me into putting up the tree today, when I get home from work. How I'm going to do that with Mr. Carson?? Not sure yet, we'll figure it out. Usually I make Kenny wait until after Thanksgiving to put up and decorate the tree. He claims that since he is going hunting Friday, he wants to do it now. Whatever. Gets it out of the way for me!! Our biggest challenge is figuring out what to do with all the baby contraptions in the livingroom with the tree in here too. It's going to be tight.
Kenny has been hunting a lot in the last few weeks. He's actually already got 2 deer and we are going to have summer sausage and beef jerky very soon!! He wants to go for one more (sorry to all the non-hunters) so our freezer will be stocked all winter. He always says as he's leaving for huntin' camp, "I'm off to get our winter food!" What a crack up he is!
I'm off to work now. It's my last day with students this week and then a PD day tomorrow. I'm so happy and THANKFUL this is a short week!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Dang Linds...4 months..where has the time went..

Kenny is so funny...Send some of that sausage over here, LOL

Lori said...

Wow - I can't imagine the chaos that lay off made!! Poor kids (and teachers!) I can't believe they didn't even give them time to say goodbye to their kids and let them adjust.

Those Carson pics are precious!!! What a smile!

And, deer meat...yum!!!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! Already.

He's quite the smiler, too.