Thursday, August 17, 2006

Fishin'

This is what I did last night.

Talk about peaceful! And the stars....beautiful. I grew up in the country, where this kind of peaceful night often went unnoticed. Now, since I live in the hustling bustling suburbs, I tend to forget what it's like, and man do I miss it. I'm not really much of a fisher-woman, it's more Kenny's cup of tea. But I go with him and cast a few out there and hope that I don't catch something for fear of touching a fish (yuck, I hate scaly wet things!). I fish for a little bit, then pull out my book and flashlight and read.

Talk about relaxing. And on this particular lake, there's NOBODY out after dark, so the lake is glass and quiet and all things wonderful. There was no real moon (Kenny did drop his pants and moon me just for fun because I said there wasn't a moon outloud....should have kept that one to myself) but the stars were bright anyway, and the dippers were clear. Just being away from everything for a few hours does wonders, especially when you go somewhere as serene as this. Ahhhh. Here's Kenny in his "I'm all serious about fishin' so don't bug me" stance. I'm getting ready to go to sleep right now and I can still smell the bug spray. Makes the night complete!

4 comments:

Tan said...

Oh wow...I'm from "da sticks" too so I can really relate to those quiet evenings. But I agree...there's only so much country in me and I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO TOUCH A GRIMY FISH!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE fishing... But i will NOT touch a fish or a worm YUK!
I love the middle picture of you holding the light! You look so peacful and angelic!!!!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE fishing... But i will NOT touch a fish or a worm YUK!
I love the middle picture of you holding the light! You look so peacful and angelic!!!!

Tasha said...

I can picture it now. I do live in the country and I totally agree about everything