Monday, August 28, 2006

Oh me oh my


Stop! Please stop time for a day or two!! My head is spinning from the new school year. We don't have students until next week, but our first day of meetings and orientation was LONG. And the sad part is that we were done early. I forced myself to stay awake during meetings, and when I was awake, I was thinking about things that had to be done in my room, and copies that needed to be made for the first day, and so on. I'm sure everyone else's minds were doing that same thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to meeting the new kids into my room next week, and I'm very excited to be back with the people I enjoy working with, including Miss Z! She and I are even carpooling...that's awesome for the gas tank when you have to drive 60 miles a day! But I am going to have to adjust my sleeping schedule AGAIN to getting up early. I have to go through this every year, and every year, when the time comes, I act like I didn't know I would feel like this. But I knew! Here's something I wasn't going to tell, but I guess I will: I couldn't sleep last night. Can you believe it? This is my 5th year of teaching, and even my first year, I wasn't sleepless the night before the first day back. I wasn't even sleepless the night before the first day with kids! But I was last night. I tried to sleep and then got up and whined to Kenny that I couldn't sleep, and he told me I sounded like a 6 year old. Very fitting, don't you think? I wasn't anxious, I wasn't upset, I wasn't uncomfortable, I just couldn't sleep. So I layed on the couch and listened to Kenny type on the keyboard and that finally put me to sleep. And then BLAAAAAAAAAAM BLAAAAAAAAAAM BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAM BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM. Dammit. The alarm already? Nooooooooooooo! Snooze once, then twice, and on third time I forced myself up and into the shower. 1 bowl of grapenuts and a few minutes to check the weather online, I was dressed and ready when Miss Z knocked at the door. We piled up the backseat of my car with things for her new classroom and awaaaaaaaaaay we go into traffic! The day really wasn't as bad as I made it out to be, I just can't stand sitting in meetings when there's so many more important things to be doing!! Right now, it's probably more important for me to go to sleep rather than play on the internet, because I do have to get up again tomorrow and do it all over again! I promise tomorrow I'll have more fun things to report, and pictures of my room put together.

PS-This is my 100th post. That went fast!

3 comments:

Brandi1977 said...

LOL. Congrats on your 100th post :)

Hope tomorrow is a better day for ya!

Tan said...

Ugh. I don't like meetings either. They are just so...YAWN.

But happy 100th post anyway!

Tasha said...

Oh school, you are dreading, I am so looking forward to taking Hannah to school ALLLLL day. Funny how were have differnt point of views on the same subject huh: :) love ya