Friday, August 25, 2006

What I did last night!

Finally, I finished something! Actually, 2 somethings. My cousin Miah graduated from high school a YEAR AGO and I started making a quilt for him then. It never got finished. So I vowed it would be done this summer. I finished about 15 minutes ago, with 3 days to spare! Whew. I asked Miah what colors he wanted, and he told me to make it the colors of the college he would be attending....so I did. All in all, I chose red, black, and white. There are a ton of steps when making a quilt. For anyone interested in seeing the steps, go here. For everyone else, here is the BEFORE picture, where I had just cut the fabric into squares (last summer).


And here is the AFTER picture...all done!

I'm shipping the quilt to my cousin tomorrow. Hope he likes it.


The second thing I finished last night was the hanging fish. In my classroom, I have 5 tables, all numbered. I wanted something to hang above the tables to show the numbers, and I came up with the fish idea.


All I did was cut out the fish, sew them, stuff them, and glue the numbers and eyes on them. They turned out cute!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Quilting is a lot of hard work. My mother-in-law just helped two young girls I know make their own quilts. That means she let them pick out fabric and put it together the way they wanted. Then they sewed the squares together. There was no way they could do more than that so she finished them for the girls. Just to do a quick and easy quilt required so much work. It amazes me when anyone gets one done. Good job. I love the colors, BTW!

Lindsay said...

WOW, you did an awesome JOB!!!
I adore the fish and their huge red lips!! way too cute!

The other me said...

I want to learn to quilt! I just love to see the results of such work, I especially love quilts made from old clothes with memories! I love your fish!! My boys have a fish bedroom, they would look So cool in their room!