Friday, September 15, 2006

Ahhh

THANK the big man upstairs that it's Friday. What a long week this has been!! I know I'm not the only one feeling it either.

Every year at back-to-school time, I've bought new fall clothes like every other person on the face of the earth. Not this year, however. I decided to wait a few weeks till the weather cooled down enough to actually enjoy looking for warmer clothes. The last couple of weeks in Michigan have been very tolerable, unlike the normal humid, sticky, hot, nasty days that August and September, and even sometimes October can bring. Maybe I'm jinxing the situation, but nonetheless, it's been very comfortable around here.

Anyway, I haven't bought any new clothes, or shoes, and I've been wearing dressy capris, pants, and skirts for the last 2 weeks. MY FEET ARE KILLING ME. They are so tired every day because I'm wearing dressy healed sandals (we aren't allowed to dress casually, it has to be more formal than that) and flat sandals when I've had enough of the others. I put on dress shoes this morning and then thought HELL NO this won't work. My hooves are too tired. I kid you not...I don't sit down all day. I'm a tired kiddo at the end of the day, and not being a feather light gal, the feet feel most of the stress. I'm getting to my point, I promise. It is that I finally got the breaking point and paid $45 (per pair) for some GOOD shoes. Good doesn't accurately describe them. HEAVENLY does a good job...you get my point. I cringed at the price, but is there really a price on 8+ hours of comfort? And the best part is, they are actually attractive!

Generally speaking, comfy shoes are hideous. Not these! They look great with dress pants. I have them in black and brown for those of you wondering. I know the rule, that's why you always have to buy two pairs.

I can't believe that I just spent 15 minutes writing about my feet and new shoes. I hope you are still awake at this point. I know I won't be for much longer. Good night!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I do like those shoes!!!
Man I tell yah.... just wait till you are preggo and you will be feeling the pain in your feet worse then normal! I think I bought 5 pairs of slip on tennis shoes because I jsut could NOT find a way to get comfy!

I am so glad it is friday also! My cousin is coming in town tomorrow.. I AM SOOO EXCITED!

Unknown said...

Out here in California, I learned not to buy my kids new clothes until October. They also get a new set of clothes in April which will last them through to the cold(er) weather in October.

There is nothing like a new pair of comfy shoes that look nice, too! You deserve them. Both pairs!

Brandi1977 said...

Nothing is better then a good pair of shoes! I am going today to get J some fall cloths :)

Tan said...

Where did you find those shoes? Those are exactly what I need!! I have a pair of black leather mules by Bass that are HEAVEN but they've about had it. I absolutely love to shop for SANDALS but when it comes to the cooler weather I'm lost!