Sunday, September 24, 2006

It can't almost be Monday already


Any chance I can get another weekend? I visited Tasha's blog and Tee's blog this evening, and they both are wanting the same thing...more weekend time! Where does the down time go? One blink and it's gone. I worked with Kenny on Saturday and today has been a complete race against the clock. And it's 10:43pm and my lesson plans are due in the morning, and I'm working on them NOW. Or I'm supposed to be, and here I am reading blogs and relaxing....there's the key word, RELAXING. That's why I want another weekend, to do just that. I know everyone complains about not having enough time for things, every day you hear people say that. And when we go back to work Monday morning, we'll greet co-workers with the same banter..."Good morning! How was your weekend?"...."Good, how was your's?" Ugh. Let's be honest. Our weekends were WAY TOO SHORT and I DIDN'T GET EVERYTHING DONE THAT I NEEDED TO DO BEFORE MONDAY!!! But, as Kenny always tells me, what's the worst thing that can happen if you don't get stuff done? Maybe he's right.........if the clothes aren't washed, what will happen? If my work isn't done, what will happen? If I don't have gas in my car, what will happen? Shit. That's what will happen!! And then after the shit happens, I'll do the laundry, and my work (maybe), and stop and get gas on my way to work and just not be early. And as it always does, life goes on, the week starts, and we'll get caught up in the hustle and bustle of our busy lives. Now I really have to finish (start?) my lesson plans. I hope everyone has a good week and starts out Monday morning with a smile, and a huge cup of coffee!

4 comments:

Tan said...

You are so right - life goes on. And here we are on Monday morning to prove it. Hang in there, only 5 more days until Saturday!!

Redneck Mommy said...

Love that cartoon.

I am sad to say that the weekend got away from me too. Now I am faced with mounds of laundry, a dirty floor, no groceries and a stack of other chores that should have been done on the weekend.

Oh well! Life is too short to worry about what doesn't get done. At least when it comes to chores!

Tasha said...

Its 4:55pm on Monday and I think I have survived....if thats what you want to call it.

Unknown said...

School week is half over. How's it going?