Friday, June 22, 2007

SHOVEL

I chose that as my title because that was what was occupying my hot little hand ALL day long. I think I may even have blisters now! But I did get quite a lot of work done. You know that black stuff that separates the grass from the landscaped area?? You can tell I've never done ANY landscaping before, so forgive my knowledge of the proper vocabulary. Anyway, I redug the little trenches for the black stuff that was already in the backyard, and since I am increasing the landscaping area, I had to add some (on sale at KMART!!) and so that required digging more trenches. That's back breaking labor I tell ya! But I did get some good sun while I was working. All that's left to do in the backyard now is plant the plants. The front yard? Tomorrow that will be the project.....getting it 100% ready to plant the plants. And I think Kenny will even be able to work with me tomorrow. So far, I've been solo on this huge project because he's super busy and now I'm on vacation. He wants to help and feels badly that he can't, and it does get irritating at times trying to make decisions without him, but I just do what I want and he likes anything, so it works out.
I also had to water the lawn today with our little cheap sprinkler. We have a fantastic sprinkler system in the yard, but apparently the lady that used to live here didn't blow out the sprinkler system in the fall and the water left in the pipes froze and something probably busted, so the thing isn't working. Story of my life. One of Kenny's good buddies is coming to fix it for us no matter what it needed, but not for two weeks. So the bottom line is the lawn needs water. Add it to the list of things to get done! It keeps growing......
Tonight I went to a wedding shower for a coworker, and it rocked!! It wasn't the typical assembly-line style shower where everyone watches the bride open the gifts. We played euchre (lot of the women were like me....sorely inexperienced at cards) and after every round we switched seats and when the bride sat across from you, you got to give her your gift. So she actually opened it with you right there, and it was awesome for her because she's very shy in front of a crowd like that, so it was her cup of tea. Our principal was there, and she OF COURSE had to embarass the poor bride by giving her dirty nighties....her face was SUPER RED. What principal does that????????? That's how she is....she's a hoot to work with. I'll have to get into other stories about her later. I will just say that she plays on my softball team, in a fun, not-too-competitive coed league, and she stands in right field when we have the field and talks smack to the batter on the other team.....not your typical principal!!
I think I just rambled on about nothing.....hope you're still awake!
One more thing....I was ready TheFlipFlpMamma blog tonight and she's having a tough time....take a second and click on her site and send her family some love!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! Your principal does sound fun - I can't imagine!
Don't stay out in the sun too long!!

Erica said...

Hey You!!!
Wow.It's been to long. You look fabulous!....i hate you:P.....If I can ever wrangle Niki to hang out again you'll have to come along too:) It would be great to see you:)Or we could just go without her..:D

xo

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! said...

I got your message on my blog! Yes, the cupboards are coming along! It is a long process to do, but here's the just of it...
We picked out a "taupe" paint color, an oak stain, and some poly too. First: Sand the heck out of the cabinets. Next, 2 coats of the taupe paint. Next, sand (distress). Then, stain...wipe off after a couple minutes. Let dry. Then, 3 coats of poly, and you've got yourself a new kitchen.

Marissa said...

what a fun idea for a wedding shower!! it's such a breath of fresh air to switch things up like that. otherwise they can get a tad boring...