Tuesday, November 13, 2007

New Floor On Its Way!

We are getting a new kitchen floor FINALLY!!!! Yay!!!!

We've been looking at this nasty, gold trimmed, 1961 kitchen floor for more than 6 months and it's waaaaaaaaaaay past the deadline for a new floor, so we ordered it tonight! It'll be here sometime next week. I don't really care when it gets here, I'm just happy it's on its way! That's half the battle right there. The next project in the kitchen will be replacing cabinet doors and painting the existing cupboard......fun fun. I haven't picked up a paint brush since the big drowning in paint back in the February/March era. I'm a little leary about it, but it's to make the kitchen look good, so I'll do it. But no one said I had to like it!!

The kids were tiny devils all day today. Yesterday it was only the afternoon. What is up?? Wait, I know, it's the holidays. From this point until we come back after New Years, they are going to be naughty. Oh joy. I'm soooo looking forward to it. Do any other teachers have the same problem? I have to threaten with holiday parties and Fun Friday movies and goodies. It works sometimes, but in the end, I suffer right along with them when they loose out on the fun stuff, because I enjoy all that stuff right along with them.

I drove to school with my four new tires today and it felt like I was driving on marshmallow clouds. Niiiiiiice.

I'm noticing that my posts aren't that long since I started the NaBloPoMo thing. I'm trying, I really am.

Three more days until the weekend.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh boy is it the holidays! I am feeling it in my room too!

Tasha said...

YAY new floors...I am so excited!

Tan said...

Nooooo! You can't destroy my floor! It has sentimental value for me!!! Don't you know the 70's are comin' back??? LOL