Thursday, March 06, 2008

Photobucket
Thirteen Things My Students Ask To Do On A Daily Basis
(and they know better too)

1. Can I get on the computer? (they have scheduled days)
2. Can I go to the bathroom? (they are supposed to ONLY raise their hand)
3. Can I call my momma? (let me just say "NO!")
4. Can I sharpen my pencil? (only during specific times)
5. Can I move my seat? (get along with peers please!!!)
6. Can I watch the kids on the computer? ("NOOOOOO!")
7. Can I help ______ with their work? (smile)
8. Can I get a book? (smile)
9. Can I help you Ms. L? (BIG smile)
10. Can I have some of your snack? (rrrr...no begging!!)
11. Can I go to sleep? (please so)
12. Can I get extra work? (yes, you need it!)
13. Can I go home? (I wish I could say yes sometimes)
Do you see why my coined phrase of every day is, "NO MORE CAN I QUESTIONS!!" I have to admit though, even after all that, I still love 'em!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. Looks like you say "no" a lot!!!

Lori said...

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! ha! Add "Can I go get a drink of water?" to that list, and I could copy it! :-)

Tasha said...

Hmmm, sounds like someone I know..It starts with an H and ends with an annah...anyone you know? LOL.

Steff said...

Absolutely the truth! I was just today telling my mom that you and Lori just get what teaching is all about because you've been there. I could identify with all of these! On Friday, my really good friend who teaches Kinder always sends me whatever snack they have made. The kids always ask, "Ms. Stewart are you going to eat that?" The answer is always, "No you can't have it!" LOL