Wednesday, April 16, 2008

50 Push Ups

This week is going by way too fast. At least, the evenings are. I can't seem to get enough things done for the wedding after work. It's just not happening. I've been going to the gym every evening too, more for stress relief at this point than anything else. It's the only place I can relax and not be bothered with the phone, requests, or even responsibilities. It's a safe haven right now!! Tonight I was swamped with thank yous, guest counts, and forgetting to get a new ink cartridge. I have to print some pictures, get some matte, do laundry, clean a little because my mom will be here this weekend, the list just keeps going. I feel like I haven't even SEEN Kenny since Saturday morning, although I have, but not for long. He must have felt it too because he came to my classroom today. The secretary called me and said, "Your fiance is here in the office." And I said, "Oh God." She laughed and told me that wasn't a good response, and I said, "Dismissal is in 20 minutes....the kids are going to go crazy!!! But send him down." I don't think she gets it....the crazy kids part, but she laughed and sent him down. OF COURSE the last 20 minutes were completely crazy, and the kids just love him. He hasn't been in the classroom as much this year as he has in past years, so they are just so curious to see him. One of them always says that we look like brother and sister. I just roll my eyes. We are both white, short, and slightly round. To young black kids, that's probably true, we probably do look alike!! A couple years back Kenny was in my room and he had the kids doing exercises, and he had them specifically doing push-ups. They nicknamed him 50 Pushups. Every year since I have told my classed that story, so when he came in today, they all yelled, "Hi 50 Pushups!!!!" So that's his nickname to them. And it's so cute!!! One of the kids asked, "Are you really gonna marry 50 Pushups?" Oh, they are so cute. I can't believe I'm leaving them for 5 days!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an AWESOME contest hosted by Lindsay......go check it out if you or a buddy needs a blog make-over. The woman is amazing at what she does AND you'll be helping out a great organization!!!

5 comments:

Tasha said...

That is so cute, 50 pushups and Miss O are getting married. Have the kids asked about your new last name yet? Have you decided what to do with it?

Lindsay said...

You are the sweetest!
I CANT BELIEVE the "DATE" is so close!
AHHHH
hugs

Laski said...

OMG--9 days!!! WOW!!! I'm so excited for you, I can't stand it!

I'm dying to know more details--just because I'm a native Detroiter (as is hubby and all our friends) and who knows!?! We may have friends/family in common for all we know!!!

"One of them always says that we look like brother and sister. I just roll my eyes. We are both white, short, and slightly round. To young black kids, that's probably true, we probably do look alike!!" This is hilarious. You so have a point!

Anonymous said...

I hear wedding bells!! If you can't make up your mind about the name, you can always call yourself Mrs. Push-ups! :)

Lori said...

Only 9 days and counting!!

I can totally picture Kenny being a big hit with the kiddo's - hope you get all your stuff done this weekend!