Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Emotions!!

It's getting so close!!

I got to sleep in this morning. What a refreshing feeling. Kenny woke me up by saying, "Good morning Bride!!!" It was adorable!! He loves it when I am home instead of at work. I do too:) That was the first and last time I saw him today. He's still busy working, and right now he's picking up his long lost BFF at the airport that he hasn't seen in 10 years!! I haven't met him, but I have talked to him numerous times on the phone. His name is Ken too. Scary that there are two of them!!! Anyway, I'm sure they have lots of catching up to do, so before they arrive, I am going to make myself scarce by going to the basement and organizing all the items I have to take to the reception site tomorrow when my momma gets here. I have a list going so I don't forget anything. I could be down there awhile!!

I picked up my dress today....it's so pretty it takes my breath away. Ahhhhh, I can't wait to have it on!! And, the bra situation is taken care of. No more worrying and freaking out about the boobies, they will be well tied down and in tact!!

Everyone told me I would be on cloud nine this week and I really am!!

I received a card today from my grandma. My grandpa passed away in '02 and I still think about him daily. I'm sure she does too, they were married 62 years when he passed away. Anyway, her note was filled with little bits of advice about marriage and she also wrote that if grandpa were here he would be so happy and excited for me and hug me and make me laugh. And then she write that this card was from my "grandparents" even though grandpa wasn't here (insert the fattest tears you have ever seen) and that they both love me so much. I expected a card or conversation like this from my grandma but I didn't expect her to make it from them both even though grandpa isn't here. Talk about pulling on heart strings. Is that beautiful or what?? I just reread it and I'm crying again. I miss my grandpa so much, even now, and I know that he is with us right now. He'll be there on Saturday too. Oh the emotions are running thick around here!!!

Alright, to the basement I go!!!

4 comments:

Laski said...

You just gave me goosebumps. He IS with you . . . actually, he'll have the best seat in the house.

I'm so happy for you. I'm a gooey hormonal mess ever since J, so I REALLY am excited for you. This is going to be the most amazing experience. DRINK every little drop of it in. Relish in EVERY moment. Don't rush. Don't worry. ENJOY it!

All my best . . .

Tasha said...

You will be emotional all the way until your reception...I was still shaking when I signed the marriage certificate, hehe. Just breathe..thats my advice. There was a time that I was saying my vows, and I actually forgot to breathe and then I had to remind myself..LOL.

Anonymous said...

I feel it over the cyber waves! I feel your excitement and the flutter in your stomach, and your love for Kenny!! I agree with Laskigal...cherish EVERY moment of this special time. Remember to take note of all the special little things...things like "HELLO BRIDE!"

Anonymous said...

EXCITEMENT!!! Yippee!!

That was a sweet sweet thing for your grandma to do. I'm sure it will be one of many fond memories that you'll have of your wedding.