Thursday, October 16, 2008

Going to be sore tomorrow!

I should be sleeping right now! We are going on a field trip to the apple orchard tomorrow and I need my rest, but here I am on the computer. GO figure.

My BFF Danielle and I have been taking cardio kickboxing classes at our gym lately. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then we work out other days on our own. Tuesdays classes are great. Thursdays classes are suicide. I mean it. The instructor does the boot camp at our gym if that gives you any indication of how tough he is. It's like he knows your weakest moments and chooses those moments to come and stand by you so you have no choice but to step it up. I got to punch him in our class tonight. He said to me, "You can't be tired!" Yeah right, after 40 minutes of hell I was dead on my feet but I didn't stop moving. Then he says, "Hit me, go on, hit me....." so I did. 16 times in the shoulder. He loved it. I never cracked a smile or even look at him in the eye. I was too afraid!!!! But I did hit him with the elbow jab that any of you who know kickboxing know the move. It felt good. Both classes are 60 minutes, and I admit that I can't work out on Fridays now because I have trouble walking after this guy's class. And I won't even talk about the abs and the pain there. But it's good for me, I know it, so I keep going. Maybe one of these days I'll start to see the results!

Now I really have to go to bed. I'll regret it tomorrow if I don't!

TGIF!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'm impressed!!