Sunday, April 26, 2009

One Year Ago


One Year Ago Today:
I woke up without much sleep....

Anxiety (the good kind) ran through my body....

I was surrounded by people that loved me and supported me....

A calm took over my body in a way I had never known because I knew I was marrying the person that was created to be my partner in life....

I spent hours getting beautified with some of the most wonderful women I know....

I put on a gorgeous gown....

My dad walked me down the isle without tears....

I said "I do" to my new husband and kissed him in front of 180 people....

We became united in Christ, all while the Tigers and Red Wings games were on TV (our friends REALLY love us)....

We enjoyed the best wedding reception with 300 people (Kenny knows a lot of people and I have a HUGE family!)....

We danced, laughed, and thanked GOD for all our blessings on the first day of our life together as husband and wife....

All this happened one year ago today. It's hard to believe it's already been 365 days, but it has, and here are starting year #2, almost 8 months pregnant, and about to embark on parenthood. Who could ask for more?

My gift to Kenny...this is actually his little gift. His REAL one will be here on the 30th. I was a slacker on ordering it, but it's WELL worth the wait!

And this is his gift to me. Now you see why I love him so? He has wonderful taste!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Happy anniversary!!
And, yes, he does have great taste...he married you didn't he? hehee!

Tasha said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
I can't believe one year has passed already.
Kenny has GREAT taste. Send him over here to talk to Chris, our 2 year is on Tuesday! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Great taste?? After 17 years of marriage, I'd settle for just a present. LOL Hope you guys had a wonderful day!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy Anniversary!

Great taste indeed!

Bethany said...

Happy Anniversary!! Love the new purse and cant wait to see you and the new purse in one month.